


Last Wednesday John and I were able to go to the Transiberian Orchestra concert in Providence, RI. It was awesome. We have gone for the last (i think) 4 years and have really enjoyed it. This time we were up in the nosebleed section (second to last row from the top) but we still really enjoyed it. You couldn't enjoy the light show as much, but it was still great. I took some pictures with my phone, so they aren't the best, but you can get an idea. We had some friends from the ward take Toma. It was really nice to get out and be alone together, that doesn't happen very often. We really enjoy the concert. For any of you who haven't been able to go, the first half of it they have a narrator that tells a story about an angel looking for something to take back to his Lord on Christmas and the journey he takes and the things he finds. On a sidenote, I LOVE the narrators voice, it is deep and just awesome, similar to James Earl Jones' but even better! Of course, they sing songs in between the narrations, and it is just awesome. It really gives you a mental picture of the songs on the CDs that they use. They always use a local string orchestra, which I think is really cool. The lights are the best! They have lasers and flashing lights and all that jazz. The second half of the show they do some other Christmas music, but they also do some stuff that isn't Christmas. They are (and have been for awhile) working on a non-Christmas album, and they played quite a few songs from that. We loved it. We didn't get back to get Toma until around midnight and John had to be to work the next day, but it was worth it!




1 comment:
I love TSO! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Looks like lots of fun!!!
Post a Comment