Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween


Happy Halloween Everyone! Yes, I know I'm a few days late. I got a call yesterday from Briana and she complained that I didn't have Halloween pictures up yet, so here they are. It was an interesting Halloween. We didn't get any trick-or-treaters. Nope, not one. I had actually been expecting that since I talked to our neighbor the day before and they told me that they haven't bought candy in 15 years because they never got any trick-or-treaters. But still, it was odd. Last year we only got 5 or 6, but none this year. CRAZY! John only worked a half day. He'd been sick the day before, so they sent him home even though he was feeling fine. I wasn't complaining. We decided not to take Toma trick-or-treating, but we dressed her up and took her out running errands. We got a lot of oohs and aahs from people at both Walmart and Shaws (the grocery store). She was a darling little lion. I was surprised that she kept the hat on as much as she did since she normally throws hats on the floor when we try putting them on her. Next year maybe we'll take her around to get some candy.
We're slowly getting settled into our new house. I don't consider us surrounded by boxes anymore, but not quite organized yet. Once we get it organized, I'm going to try to put a virtual tour on the blog so you can all check it out. But give me some time for that one.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

MH5 said...

Hi! I went to Rutgers with John back in 2000-2001. I just wanted to say hi, and tell you that your daughter is beautiful! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I don't know if you've tried lately to get on our blog, but it's private now and I need to send you an invite and I didn't realize that we don't have your e-mail address. send it to rcpoll@peoplepc.com

Chandra said...

nevermind, check your e-mail

Doug and Rachel said...

Tia,
Glad to hear about the house! It's such a relief to be settled isn't it? Did I send you an invite to our blog? Let me know if I didn't (it's a private one). Toma does make a cute lion, and I didn't know you loved tomatoes so much! We're unpacked now here in Germany too, so you could come visit us and go to Scotland from here - it's about a 6 hour drive from here to the south eastern area of England, so we're closer than you think . . . glad to hear you're doing well!